Does Someone Need to be in When the Cleaner Calls?
Can the cleaning professional let themselves in?
- No, you do not have to be home during the cleaning. Having a cleaning service is supposed to give you more time, not take up your time. The best way to arrange a cleaning when you’re not home is to use a lockbox. Lockboxes are a secure metal container that houses a key and is accessed via a keycode. The box is screwed or bolted to an exterior wall and while it’s not bombproof would present more of a problem to potential burglars than other means of entry to your home:
- A lockbox is more secure than leaving a key under the mat or hiding it anywhere else.
- You can change the code for any new cleaners to give you total peace of mind and security.
- You won’t have to remember to put the key out or remember which day or time the visit is scheduled.
- If you have a security system, show your cleaner how to arm and disarm it. You can even have a separate code for them and/or time limitations for access using that code depending on the functionality of the alarm you have installed.
- Giving the housekeeper your key is not recommended. If they have to stop working abruptly, it may be difficult to get your key back.
- There are many ways to arrange a house cleaning without needing to be present. Simply let us know how your cleaner can get inside, and expect to return to a freshly cleaned home.